Attention all students!
The Daemen College student newspaper (Insight) is running a contest! To participate, all you need to do is write a news article that is relevant to the Daemen college community.
All articles should be sent to the insight Editor-in-chief firstname.lastname@example.org.
The top two articles, as determined by the Insight writing staff and faculty members, will be awarded a prize. The first place winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and the second place winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Furthermore, the article will be published in the student newspaper.
Interview with new hires. Examples: Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Your experience at Daemen College
Mathew Soloman conversations
More examples of articles on the Insight. (https://insight.daemen.edu/)
By sending in an article, you give a permission that the article can be published on the Student newspaper website whether you win the contest or not. (https://insight.daemen.edu/)
Deadline for submission: March 31st
- Participants have to be Daemen students.
- Article must be original and information must be truthful and accurate.
- Please proofread all submissions.
- Participants can submit more than one article.
- Articles must include a relevant picture (taken by the individual).
- The article should be school appropriate (abide by the Daemen handbook) (e.g.,no hate speech)
- It should be written in 12-point Times New Roman, single-spaced, a docs or pdf document.
Winners will be announced 7 days after the deadline on the Wildcat Radio Instagram and Youtube channel, and Insight webpage and Instagram, and via email.
Judges are: Dr. Magaret Artman, Evan Coyle, and the rest of the “Insight” staff.